The It's a Monkey Podcast is a regular podcast covering all issues relating to the tech economy. It is brought to you by the co-founders of the technology company 89n, Kevin Garber & James Peter. We provide a round-up of the weekly tech economy related news and interview experts on topics relating to technology and how it affects our lives.
Episode 19 - News: Syria's Internet Shuts Down; Ori Allon Launches Urban Compass; Interview & Discussion about Google Glass
Episode 17 - News: Shodan - A Scary Search Engine; Twitter Buys We Are Hunted; Interview with Alan Safahi CEO of ZipZap
- Alan Safahi - CEO of ZipZap - We talk to Alan about Bitcoin.
Episode 16 - News: PyCon Conference Drama, Google Reader to Close; Interview with Adam Pisoni Co-founder of Yammer
- Adam Pisoni - Co-founder of Yammer
Episode 15 - News: The Latest from the South By Southwest Conference; Interview with Hursh Agrawal Co-founder of Branch
Episode 14 - News: Groupon Fires CEO; Yahoo! CEO Bans Staff Telecommuting; Interview with Trevor Long of SBS Australia
Episode 13 - News: Marissa Mayer Dissatisfied with Yahoo!/Microsoft Search Deal; Interview with Burck Smith CEO of StraighterLine
Episode 12 - News: Crunchies Awards, Facebook Numbers ; Interview with Ann Handley from MarketingProfs re Twitter's Vine
Episode 11 - News: Facebook Takes Search Social With Graph Search; Interview with Evernote Founder/CEO Phil Libin
- Facebook releases Graph Search.
Episode 10 - News: Twitter Releases Download Tweet Archive Feature; Interview with Best Selling Author Professor Clive Hamilton
Episode 9 - News: Instagram (sort of) Breaks up with Twitter; Data on State of the Internet, Interviews: Global Twitter Heartbeat, Smart Pills
- Instagram decouples from Twitter
- Mary Meeker's state of the Internet update
- Spotify launches discovery/social features
- Michael Arrington's article about the demise of Web 2.0
Episode 8 - News: Spotify New Discovery Features; Google Transparency Data Released, Interviews: Health Affects of Extending Periods of Sitting, Nieman Marcus Ecommerce Initiatives
Episode 7 - News: Top 50 US Websites; Twitter To Add Photo Filters; Windows 8, Interviews: CrowdSourcing; Latest in Stem Cells
- September 2012 ComScore Top 50 US Websites [265kb PDF].
- Twitter to add photo filters .
- Windows 8 release.
Episode 6 - UN Report "The Use of the Internet for Terrorist Purposes" Released; LinkedIn Changes; Research: Graduates Who Prefer Twitter Are Smarter
- Amazon's cloud services outage.
- United Nations releases a report "The Use of the Internet for Terrorist Purposes".
- Donna Serdula: LinkedIn expert from LinkedIn Makeover - new changes at LinkedIn and LinkedIn best practises.
- Cherie Curtis: Head Psychologist at OneTest - results of new research indicates that graduates who prefer Twitter over other social media networks have a higher average cognitive ability than their peers.
Episode 5 - Instagram Mobile Use Tops Twitter; Facebook Timeline Bug Confusion; What's It Like to Work At Twitter?
- August 2012 Twitter vs Instagram Instagram vs Twitter August 2012 Metrics.
- Discussion about Facebook's perceived Timeline bug.
- Using 404 pages to search for missing children.
- TechCrunch Disrupt 2012, San Francisco
- The Jack Dorsey keynote
- Mark Zuckerburg's fireside chat
- Startups in the Enterprise market
Interview with http://www.sfciti.com/
Connecting San Francisco to startups.
Interview with http://klooff.com/
A social network for pet lovers.
- Twitter removes "via" from the web client..
- Stanford Creates Vice Provost For Online Learning To "Fundamentally Reshape Education"
- Google+ launches vanity urls
- New words get added to Oxford Dictionaries Online.
- The demise of Onlive - cloud gaming platform
- Microsofts new logo
Interview with Iain McDonald - Co-Founder & Executive Creative - Director Amnesia Razorfish
Social media and brands - case studies and state of play.
Interview with AJ Kohn - Owner, Blind Five Year Old
Google+ : Ghost town or content and SEO opportunity?
- Twitter founders launch new publishing platform named Medium.
- Klout upgrades, downgrades Bieber.
- App.net exceeds funding goal - will they compliment or replace twitter?
- Looking back across 10 years in internet time - what has changed.
Interview with Steve Faktor @ideafaktory
Opportunities and risks around building your business on an existing technology platform like Twitter.
Interview with Dr Larry Rosen @DrLarryRosen
Our relationship with technology - is it dysfunctional?