CEO & Co-Founder of Otter.ai
Sam and Kevin discuss the role of AI in audio transcription services and much more.
Some of the topics that we cover in our chat with Sam include:
- Why Sam and team named the company ‘Otter’.
- Sam’s background as a Google Engineer and start up founder.
- Why Otter chose audio transcription as a problem to solve.
- How Otter uses a deep learning neural network to understand context and self-correct audio transcriptions.
- Sam speaks about the process of training an AI system.
- What the future of Otter looks like.
- Some of the challenges Otter is currently facing, including background noise.
- Otter’s plans to create sophisticated summaries of audio transcripts.
- The size and culture of the Otter team.
- Why Universities are especially interested in using Otter.
- Sam tells us what it was like working at Google.
This week in the Tech News:
Below is a transcript of the interview with Sam as generated by Otter:
(Do you want to be featured on our Start-up Minute? Send us an MP3 or link to firstname.lastname@example.org
no longer than 30 seconds telling us why you love our Podcast and about your Start-up!)